Can you believe it’s June already? Time to pull out that bathing suit…As time marches forward, so does apartment planning and construction across the city. Let’s check out what’s in store for Seattle’s multifamily market with Under Construction!
- Who: Development company Wolff is behind this project, which will include market-rate apartments and retail space.
- What: The mixed-use building will include 210 market-rate apartments, as well as retail space–and while the building will be built at the current location of longstanding Seattle company Glazer’s Camera, Wolff has worked out a deal to allow Glazer’s to continue to operate during and after construction.
- Where: The building will be located in South Lake Union, at 430 Eighth Avenue North, a corner site which now just houses Glazer’s Camera.
- When: The project is not yet approved by the city, but both Wolff and Glazer are eager to get the go-ahead; design meetings started in late May.
Under Consideration: 19-Story Residential Tower Downtown
- Who: Cornish College of the Arts is behind this possible downtown tower; currently, they have housing located in Denny Triangle, which will be displaced with Amazon’s development.
- What: The 19-story tower would hold 230 units, solely for Cornish students, as well as other college space.
- Where: The main Cornish campus is at 1000 Lenora Street; the tower would sit just next to it downtown.
- When: Ankrom Moisan Architects have applied to build the project; in the meantime, Cornish has until 2015 to vacate its other dorm.
Under Construction: The Stream Uptown
- Who: Stream Real Estate is developing this 118-unit building, with design by Nicholson Kovalchick Architects.
- What: The building will incorporate 112 apartments and six live-work lofts, as well as parking for 68 vehicles. Billing itself as a “high-end lifestyle with low impact living,” the builders are utilizing green building practices and energy-efficient appliances.
- Where: The Stream Uptown apartments will be located uptown on Queen Anne, at 6th Avenue North.
- When: The building is expected to open later this year, and is currently leasing units.
Opening in September: Stadium Place’s West Block
- Who: NEW Financial and Daniels Real Estate are working together on this mixed-use project.
- What: West Block will house over 500 apartments and parking for 370 of those tenants, as well as 16,000 feet of retail space. West Block is the first of two blocks to be developed in the Stadium Place project, which has incorporated green building practices.
- Where: Both blocks of the Stadium Place project will be located in Pioneer Square, just north of Century Link Field.
- When: The West Block is scheduled to open in September of this year, with completion on the rest of the project to follow.
Completed: Expo Apartments
- Who: Essex Property Trust has completed this project, which was designed by Runberg Architecture Group.
- What: The complex includes 275 apartment units, as well as 18,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. Parking for 320 vehicles is included as well.
- Where: The new building is located uptown, at 118 Republican Street (at the corner of 1st Ave N. and Republican).
- When: Construction was completed in the fourth quarter of 2012.
Completed: The Lyric Apartments
- Who: This building was completed by SRM Development, at a cost of $36,000,000.
- What: The Lyric Apartments hold 235 residential units, 17,400 square feet of retail space, and 5,700 square feet of ground-floor office space. The building also includes parking for 362 vehicles.
- Where: The mixed-use building is located on Capitol Hill, at 230 Broadway East (at Broadway E and E Thomas Street).
- When: The seven-story building was completed in the third quarter of last year.